In The News
My research has been featured in a wide range of press outlets across the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Sweden, Germany, and Brazil.
For interviews, editorials, and other press-related inquiries, please contact me at miltner [at] usc [dot] edu.
Selected Interviews & Press Coverage
- WIRED: Cosplay Won't Solve the Meme Gap Dooming the #Resistance
- GOOD Magazine: Why Did The Internet Fall Out Of Love With Cats?
- WIRED: Want To Profit Off Your Meme? Good Luck If You Aren't White
- The Guardian: Emoji diversity: how ‘silly little faces’ can make a big difference
- The Atlantic: The Radical Democracy of the Reaction Video
- Slate: Why Does Hate Thrive Online?
- The Atlantic: How Not to Be a Jerk With Your Stupid Smartphone
- BBC News: LOLCat art: Gallery hosts exhibition of cat phenomenon
- WIRED: LOLCat: Teh Exhibishun Showcases Our Fascination With Furballs
- Q with Jian Ghomeshi: Should We Name And Shame Online Trolls?
- The Huffington Post: Kate Miltner Writes LOLCats Dissertation For The London School of Economics
- The Atlantic: Are LOLCats Making Us Smart?
- TIME: I Can Haz Degree? Academia Takes On Internet Memes
- The Independent: Memes: Take A Look At Miaow